Friday, May 11, 2012

My Mother's Day Wish For You

Moms, for Mother's Day, my wish for you is:

That your card from your kids doesn't look like this:

Or this:

But like this:

Or whatever floats your boat. 

I hope that when you pick up your baby, you experience this:

And not this:

I desperately hope that your husband/boyfriend/baby daddy says something along the lines of this:

And not this:

May you receive some flowers...

Or some wine...

Or whatever makes you happy....

I hope that instead of cleaning up messes,

and feeling like this,

you get to do something like this:

Or at the very least, you get to go to the bathroom alone.
All. Day. Long.

And most of all, just remember that no matter how hard you try, no matter what you do, you're going to screw something up, because nobody is perfect:

But at least:

So just do your best, and know that the bottom line is, this is who you are in your kids' eyes:

Happy Mother's Day. 
I appreciate you, my awesome readers, maybe as much as your kid appreciates you wiping their ass. Now go have a drink or some chocolate or both and celebrate your descent into the madness of motherhood and unconditional love.

Join in the fun on Facebook and Twitter!


I love comments! And feel free to share any post you like or if you know someone who would like it, too!