Monday, December 10, 2012

I'm shocked, I tell you.

I'm sure it will surprise absolutely nobody who has read this post to find out that Brandon has cropped up with hand-foot-mouth disease.

Yeah. Goooo kid.

And after coming home from the doctor's office (where he screamed his face off just being weighed and having his temperature taken), my mom took us to dinner and in the span of five minutes, I watched Brandon grab his shoes, including the bottom, then quickly grab a chip and shove it in his mouth. Then he grabbed another chip and drove it along the filthy booth like a car. I had time to get that one out his hands before he tried to eat it. Then he dropped another chip on the ground and I was able to stop him as he was diving under the booth to retrieve it and eat it.

And he tried to put his mouth on the edge of the table. I just don't know about this kid. Anyway, in case you've been dying to know, kids can get the disease without having the sores on their hands and feet. He only had canker-like sores in his mouth and a pimple-like rash on his butt that after a couple of days, looked more like scabs.

Please, go eat your lunch now.

But before you do, be sure to enter my giveaway! It ends tomorrow (Tuesday). For details, click on the link to the post here, or just click back to the previous post. Good luck!

Join in the fun on Facebook and Twitter!

14 comments:

  1. Been there, done that. We had it circulating in the preschool when my oldest was that age. Damn near impossible for them NOT to catch it. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, especially when we didn't find out he had it for like, 4 days because we thought his throat was sore, didn't realize it was his mouth. So he probably spread it EVERYWHERE.

      Delete
  2. OMG, my son got that this summer, and it was HORRID. he only had the sores in his mouth and screamed for DAYS. it was pure hell. i would not wish HFM in the mouth on anyone. and that's saying a lot, cuz there are some people who really tick me off...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, he had so much trouble eating and drinking. We felt awful for him!

      Yes, that IS saying a lot... some people probably do deserve it. ;-)

      Delete
  3. My two little ones passed it back and forth and then I got it!!!!!! It was horrendous and it hurt like hell. I got the sores on my hand and feet and I was in agony! I can't believe that my kids did not freak out worse when they had it. They were such troopers and I was the baby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That surprises me that you were the baby, Jen! You seem to be such a tough cookie! Actually, I can see how the sores on the hands and feet were probably a nightmare.

      Delete
  4. I actually have HFaM right now too. Only on my hands though. Stupid kids and their germs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I must warn you... When the boy got his case of HF&M, I assumed it was something you can only get once, I guess because it has a weird name. Not the case. He's had it twice.

    Also, OF COURSE CHECK WITH YOUR OWN DOCTOR FIRST, I AM NOT A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL, they had me make a cocktail of half Maalox, half children's Benadryl and wipe it on the inside of his mouth with a Q-tip to help with the pain, and it seemed to work. Good luck, little B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The doctor who saw my son gave us a liquid lidocaine prescription to numb the inside of his mouth, and it seemed to help, but thanks for the head's up on the other option!

      That sucks for yours to have gotten it twice! Let's hope that won't be the case here. Actually, I'm SHOCKED that his brothers haven't contracted it.

      Yet.

      Delete
    2. Lidocaine? WTF, I'm going to the wrong doctor, I guess.

      Delete
    3. It's like a mouthwash rinse thing, but since he's two and has no idea how to rinse and spit, we applied it with a q-tip, too. Seemed to numb him for a bit.

      Delete
  6. My daughter does all sorts of gross stuff like this, too...it's some sort of miracle she hasn't had anything worse than a couple colds so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A true miracle! I'm surprised mine are still alive, frankly, after some of the shit I've seen them do!

      Delete

I love comments! And feel free to share any post you like or if you know someone who would like it, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...