Saturday, September 8, 2012

A Quick Update

About six months ago, I wrote about Brandon's speaking deficiency, as in, he was 18 months old and said like, one word. Definitely behind the curve but I wasn't too worried about it for a variety of reasons, and neither was his pediatrician, for the same reasons plus a couple more. (Click on the link above and you can read the older post, newer readers.) 

She (his pediatrician) gave me some good info to help him along (that I passed on in the post), and while I didn't really apply the things she told me with rabid passion, I did work with him once a month here and there. Then, we were going to reevaluate when Brandon turned two to see if further testing/work/witchcraft/rain dancing needed to be done to get the kid to start talking.

Well, Brandon turned two recently and had his well-child visit yesterday. I told her that he had his predicted sudden language explosion (talked about in the other post) and was now saying words like "diarrhea" and even stringing two or more words together, like "eat pecker." However, his pronunciation is a tad off and so words like "pepper" come out as "pecker," and that's totally normal - as any of you with kids have experienced.

So anyway, I just wanted to update you since I know you couldn't care less and probably forgot about it were all crushed with worry and fear for my little guy, and have been waiting with baited breath to see if he was going to be fine by the time he turned two.

You can sleep now. He's fine.

Join in the fun on Facebook and Twitter!

12 comments:

  1. Bwahahahaha eat pecker. TQC loved cock so it I appropriate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I remember that post! Sharks ARE pretty cool.... ;-)

      Delete
  2. i actually choked on my coffee as i read "eat pecker" and am still gathering myself off the floor. hahahahhaaaaa!!!! so happy for you that your wee li'l guy had a language explosion involving "diarrhea" and "pecker". you should be so proud! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have NO idea how proud!

      Actually, you probably do... ;-)

      Delete
  3. Bahahaha! I laughed so hard at this. I'm a new reader and I love your blog! My daughter is two and has been experiencing the language explosion as well. The words clock and cloth come out "cock." She's extremely helpful with her little brother, who is 6 months old, and likes to get the burp cloth for me when I sit down to nurse him. I lose it almost every time I hear, "Here go Momma, cock!!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome!! I would die laughing. That would just make my day, every time!
      Well, welcome to the blog, I am glad you love it! Hope to "see" you around here again!

      Delete
  4. Awesome! I knew he'd be a chatterbox soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I'm working "diarrhea" into a post this week, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And diarrhea hit my last post, too! It has to be national diarrhea week or something. Third post I've read here...third time I spit out what I drinking and had to pick myself up off the floor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mission accomplished!!
      Yeah, hopefully National Diarrhea Week ends today!

      Delete

I love comments! And feel free to share any post you like or if you know someone who would like it, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...