Thursday, September 27, 2012

A Little Something Different

Well, I am super excited to announce that I was asked to guest write a post at a parenting website, Humpty Dumpty Parent, and I accepted the offer. I have never guest-written before and so this was exciting and, quite frankly, totally nerve-wracking because I really don't know the audience I'm appearing in front of and let's be honest: I'm not exactly couth, classy, and PG. 

However, I am capable of writing without swearing and being irreverent; I just choose not to, for the most part, on my personal blog. So, for this guest post, I decided to *try* to keep the humor but lose the profanity and horror. And push the heart that I posses - but don't always show - for others to the forefront.

Without further ado, here's the post. (<------ Click on the link)

I'm so sorry to force you into having to go through the extra motion of clicking on the link, and LOVE the five of you that actually will do so. Thank you for the show of support!

Also, I would like to announce that I got hired for my very first paid writing job: writing up my aunt's bio for her company's website.

I will be signing autographs in the lobby from 4-6 p.m. 

Join in the fun on Facebook and Twitter!

18 comments:

  1. Yay for guest posts! *Cheers* I kinda went all Mama bear on a friend of mine (who doesn't have kids) for saying my kid was so smart because she was walking at 11 months and "so and so's kid" (a mutual friend) was 13 months and hadn't started walking. Before assessing the situation and just dismissing it because she doesn't have kids I launched into defense mode for the other mom and kid who weren't there to defend themselves. Looking back on the situation, I overreacted just a teensy bit. However, I wish more people would look at them as they are, a range, not a rule. (Love that!) Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Monica! It's sweet of you to defend your friend; I'm sure she would have appreciated it if she knew!

      Delete
  2. Congrats girl! I'm going to go read your article now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bahahahaha - I clicked on it at work and it was blocked. Category "sex"

    DYING. Now I have to pull it up on my phone to read the filth. Excellent stuff ;)

    Reason:
    This Websense category is filtered: Sex.

    URL:
    http://humptydumptyparent.com/reaching-milestones-its-a-range-not-a-rule/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH MY GOSH! I can't believe it said that! I would have no idea why, since it doesn't even remotely reference sex. Whatever... but thanks for reading!

      Delete
  4. Yay for guest blogging! good article, I sometimes feel like that mom. I don't think I'll be so bad once he's a lil older and close to my classes age... I hope

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Vanessa! Well, here's a virtual hug and me saying, "It's okay, everyone in their own time!"

      Delete
  5. Awesome!! Congrats on the guest spot AND on the paid gig!!! I guess I'll go do that extra 'click' now, but gosh my mouse hand will be awfully sore from all that extra clicking. ;)

    Great job!
    Teri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Teri, for giving yourself carpel tunnel syndrome to read my article! If we lived by each other, I'd rub your wrist for you. (How does that sound dirty?)

      Delete
  6. Great guest post! This should be some sort of brochure that gets handed to every new parent in the hospital along with their baby. Instead, all you get are all the "milestones" books and pamphlets and brochures...so you can worry every time a new month rolls around and your kid isn't doing that stuff yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, or what, Julie! I forgot about all that new baby monthly milestone crap, too.

      Thanks for the compliment on my guest post, and for reading it!

      Delete
  7. Nice post! Too often the "mompetition" becomes overwhelming, especially for first time moms - it's always good to remind ourselves to take a step back (or a Xanax) and calm the hell down.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! This was awesome! How did you land a gig like that, anyway?! Just found your blog and I'm really loving it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dani! The founder of the website emailed me and asked me if I would like to guest write; I have no idea how she knew of my blog in the first place. =D

      Glad you found my blog and are loving it! Thanks for being here!

      Delete

I love comments! And feel free to share any post you like or if you know someone who would like it, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...