Wednesday, July 18, 2012

All's quiet on the homefront this week.

So, this is just a quickie post to explain the absence that's going to happen/has been happening this week to the three people who will notice and care that I'm not posting anything.

My grandma died and I am out of state, in my hometown, to attend her funeral. This grandma was the last in line of my biological grandparents (I have a step-grandfather that I grew up with who's still alive) and so now I'm basically a grandparent orphan, but given that I got to grow up with almost all of my grandparents, I count myself lucky.

So I'm back in my hometown to say goodbye to the grandma who told me that I was wearing too much make-up back when I was allowed to start wearing it (she was right), who took me school clothes shopping one year and when I was close to running out of my allotted amount of money from my parents but found this ugly-as-sin super amazing outfit that I wanted sooo badly but didn't have enough money left over to buy, sprung for the remainder so I could have it. 

And so much more. She loved playing cards, and watching "Criminal Minds", one of my favorite shows (but something tells me she didn't think Shemar Moore is as hot as I think he is). I still remember her powdery scent. I remember how much she loved Papa. And I am happy to know that she is with him now. 

I'll be back here next week.


Join in the fun on Facebook and Twitter!

12 comments:

  1. Even though your grandma is in a good place with her husband, I am still sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you lost your Grandma, :( Such sweet memories you have. We'll be here when you get back! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *I* noticed - I'm sorry you lost your last grandparent. Glad that you have such lovely memories of her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you Kylee! You're the best for noticing! :-)

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry you last your grandmother...you mentioned you remember her powdery scent, which brings me some happy tears remembering my own grandma's powdery scent. They all have their own, don't they? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry for your loss. glad you have so many great memories of her

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! And feel free to share any post you like or if you know someone who would like it, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...