Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas to you!

I hope you are having the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby danced with Danny fucking Kaye!

For those of you who haven't seen the best Christmas movie ever made, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, that's from there. And I feel sorry for you. Check it out. Unless you are made of stone or completely devoid of personality or a sense of humor, you'll laugh your ass off. Yes, I love offending people on the holiest of days.

But that's neither here nor there. Hopefully you are having an amazing Christmas, enduring your extended family with grace and love and lots of booze. I know I am. And for those of you who do not celebrate Christmas, I hope you are having just another awesome day, but with everything closed. Hopefully you planned ahead for that.

I'd like to share this year's family Christmas card photo with you. It's an accurate depiction of how Nate and I feel pretty much every day. But damn it if we don't love the crap out of our three boys, and most of the time, each other.



Now, when I envisioned this photo prior to its birth, I figured the boys would be doing what they usually do, which is not sit still or look at the camera, and probably one of them would be crying, which would add to the chaotic feel of our daily life and help explain why I am guzzling wine and Nate is wanting to shoot himself in the head. But of course, the time I do not expect cooperation out of them, that's exactly what I get. So, from now on, I do not expect to win the lottery, or be happy, or have quiet, obedient children. There. I'll let you know how that works out. 

I'd also like to add that this is the first photo of ALL five of us since Brandon was born. No joke - the last time all five of us were together in front of a camera, we were piled on my hospital bed, a newborn baby Brandon in my arms. The first photo of all of us in 15 months, and this is what it looks like.

Nice, Elizabeth. Real nice (pats self on back).

Join in the fun on Facebook and Twitter!